Tuesday, June 26, 2012


Here are a few of what "eye" see.
(Click on the pics to see a bigger version)


My husband gave me an earful when I took this pic on a bridge somewhere near Santa Barbara. He was certain I was going to get blown away due to the sheer force of the winds brought on by this beast.

Shortly after I took this picture, I was almost bitten in the face by a rattle snake. It was shaking its rattler so fast and loudly that I thought it was rushing water coming from somewhere that I could not see. Once I saw him, I was outta there.



I needed to "take a walk" and found myself strolling through the Fairview Nature Preserve at sunset and to what do I owe the honor of the presence of one glorious Red Tailed Hawk perched so gracefully as if to say, "Look at me." I have no idea except that they really like it there. They have made nests in the trees above our homes every year since I can remember and this year we got to watch the babies learn to fly. Hilarious!!







This beauty lives in the Butterfly House at the Environmental Nature Preserve in Newport Beach. I think he/she is quite happy there.

No comments: